Sunday, September 13, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the yearrrr.



I'm not talking about Christmas, I'm talking about SHARK WEEK. Shark Week has always been the best time of the year. I have a little bit of an obsession with sharkies! Every year between the end of July and beginning of August Discovery Channel dedicates a full seven days to Sharks! Myth Busters, Dirty Jobs, and many other shows on Discovery all have a special episode dealing with sharks. This is very interesting to me, as I have grown up with a love for sharks. When I was little I use to go to Red Reef beach in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and walk into the shallow waters and let the nurse sharks
nibble on my toes. I fell in love! Shark's are one of the coolest ocean animals there is, they are so complex like you wouldn't believe! There's a misconception that shark's are mindless killing machines, but they are so smart. A few years ago, in La Jolla, California, my oldest brother who lives there, Jason, took me on a scuba diving tour through the waters off the coast of San Diego. It was amazing to see the Tiger and Hammer head sharks swim above you. They didn't bother me for a second. My life goal is to be in a shark cage with a Great White! That would be amazing.

P.S.
First picture is me and my best friend in Universal Studio's Orlando!
Second Picture is me in Bruce's mouth (Shark from Finding Nemo) at Epcot in Disney this past winter.


0 comments: