Saturday, September 5, 2009

I have been "aging" across the U.S.A

My first official, write-about-anything-blog. I'm not sure what to write about. So I'll share something I feel is pretty interesting about my "aging"! Summer break, in my mind is the most wonderful time of the year. The weathers warm, my birthday is in July, and there's lots of vacation time. I would have loved to have birthday parties and celebrate with my friends. The thing is, when you have a family that loves to travel, you don't get a birthday party, you get a birthday vacation! My friends have always said to me "I couldn't wish you happy birthday!". I have actually enjoyed being on vacation during my birthday. Let's see, since I have been about the age of 9, I have celebrated my birthday in 8 different states, plus Canada! Turning 10 was the first time I had been out west, in Albuquerque, New Mexico for my cousins wedding. It was the transistion summer where I was moving up to Pennsylvania. My 11th birthday I would be celebrating in Virginia, taking my older brother, Max, to summer camp. The next summer, my family traveled up to Toronto, Canada. I spent my 12th birthday at a Blue Rays game in downtown Toronto. For the celebration of my teen years, I spent it on the Jersey shore in Ocean City, New Jersey. Then for my 14th birthday, we took two weeks to travel out west to see the Grand Canyan, Four Corners, Las Vegas, and many other places. The last stop was to visit my oldest brother, Jason, in San Diego, California. My 14th birthday I spent the day at Legoland, California! The following year, we traveled down the East Coast and stopped in Gatlinburg, Tennesse for my 15th and got a behind the scenes tour at Ripley's Believe it Or Not Aquarium. Sweet 16, I wish I could say I had a huge party like on MTV, but no it was back out west to Pheonix, Arizona! Last summer, I turned 17 and spent it with my dad, brother and kelsey at Inner Harbor at the Baltimore Aquarium. Finally, this past July, I was finally home in Pennsylvania, and went to the National Zoo in Washington D.C. with my Boyfriend. The celebration of my birthday in all these cool places would definietly be my crowning glory. I wonder where I will be "aging" next year...

0 comments: