Sunday, October 25, 2009

somebody call 911!

I work in assisted living as a CNA, sometimes it gets pretty crazy. Tonight was a crazy night. Karen , Niki, and I had just finished up cares and it was time to relax (unless a call light went off). Nope! 7:30 we had a fall, a woman put on her light and found her sitting on her butt looking up at us saying "I fell, and can't get up". Luckily, she was okay. I was the shower girl that night so I was finishing up cleaning the bathroom when I heard someone screaming "help! help! help!". At first I thought I was hearing things because I had been so tired all afternoon, but then it got louder so I ran down the hall trying to figure out who needed help. At the end of the hall a woman was in her room completely face down on the carpet! The funny thing was, her best friend (a cat) was lying right next to her! I made sure she was stable and quickly paged the RN. When the RN got there the woman was complaining of breathing and we thought she might have broken a rib. Karen stayed with her why I quickly called 911 and called her POA. The emt's were there in no time and she was taken to the hospital. This was a pretty crazy night for only two CNA's on the unit!

0 comments: